The Cross of Jesus Christ is a Symbol of Forgiveness
We will approach this subject by looking into 2 scriptures.
1. Psalm 32:1-2 (KJV)
Blessed [is he whose] transgression [is] forgiven, [whose] sin [is] covered. Blessed [is] the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit [there is] no guile.
2. Colossians 1:13-14 AMP
The Father] has delivered and drawn us to Himself out of the control and the dominion of darkness and has transferred us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, In Whom we have our redemption through His blood, [which means] the forgiveness of our sins.”
Forgiveness is one of the blessings that man desperately needs. Failure to find forgiveness results in man carrying a heavy burden and load on his life.
Why Is Forgiveness Necessary?
1. Man was born in sin and shaped in iniquity. Ps.51:5
2. All men participated in Adam’s federal offense, making them guilty and bringing them under God’s condemnation. The Bible said that in Adam, all died. 1Cor.15:22/ Romans 3:23
3. Man is an offender. He has broken the laws of God in a personal way. 1John1:7-9
4. Without Forgiveness, man must pay for his sin. The payment for sin is death. Rom.6:23
5. According to Ps.32:1-2, a forgiven man is blessed. Many people in this life don’t realize that the vacuum in their lives will be filled only by God’s forgiveness through Christ. There is a blessedness of forgiveness that is indescribable. Only the forgiven know it.
How The Cross of Jesus Brought Forgiveness .
1. The source of our forgiveness is the blood of Christ. That’s the payment for our sins. Col.1:13-14.
2. On the cross, Christ shed his blood for the remission of our sins.
The Bible said;
John 1:29 (KJV)
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.
3. In 2 Cor.5:21, the Bible said that God made Jesus to be sin for us and he knew no sin.
4. Forgiveness is now available to any man who will ask for it through the sacrifice of Christ. 1 John1:9- if we confess our sins…
5. Forgiveness of sins is God’s prerogative and jurisdiction. My job is to confess my sin and his job is to forgive them.
“If we acknowledge our sins, then, since he is trustworthy and just, he will forgive them and purify us from all wrongdoing.”
1 Yochanan (1 Jo) 1:9 CJB
6. God is under obligation to forgive all sins that are confessed and forsaken because the price for all sin has been fully paid. 1John.2:1
“MY LITTLE children, I write you these things so that you may not violate God’s law and sin. But if anyone should sin, we have an Advocate (One Who will intercede for us) with the Father–[it is] Jesus Christ [the all] righteous [upright, just, Who conforms to the Father’s will in every purpose, thought, and action]. And He [that same Jesus Himself] is the propitiation (the atoning sacrifice) for our sins, and not for ours alone but also for [the sins of] the whole world.”